jayeH Appeal

jayeH

jayeH Appeal

Postby jayeH » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:19 pm

--Response--
It was the latter of the two. Look at it from our view. You are new level 18 with no prior Battlefield history in BF3 or 4.

In less than 6 hours of play I want to point out a few stats out of line:
• Your KD Ratio is 2.86 and in the top 2%, currently #42 in the world.
• Kills per minutes it in top 3%, currently #67 in the world.

These are highly questionable stats from even a veteran to Hardline. I watched some of your videos, you look like you may be using an Aimbot hack because you shoot at people you don’t even see and never miss. Much like you did on our server.

---Appeal---

Yo, got banned recently. Would appreciate an unban, since this is one of the only servers nowadays.

I've read the rules previously, but didn't break any of the ones I recalled. I keep chat off so I'm not quite sure what I did wrong, if anyone was even trying to tell me.

In prior sessions I had been told to 'be careful' when just playing - not glitching, shooting into spawn, camping, spamming, anything. As a new and low-level player I thought it might have something to do with the fact that I was doing pretty well, i.e. 'banned for being too good,' but wanted to give you guys the benefit of the doubt.

And my YT for a different Battlefield title, in case there were any hackusations:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCFCJhUsH_sS35vD1B44lcg

Thanks!

jayeH

Re: jayeH Appeal

Postby jayeH » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:32 am

Totally understand and respect your decision. Don't expect an unban at this point, because I get that it's probably not fun to play against me. Let me explain a few things though, before I drop it.

If you look up my shira account (vii-shira) on either BattlefieldTracker or BF4stats/BF1stats, you'll see about 900 hours in BF1, and 240 hours in BF4 - which is what Hardline feels like a re-skin of. So there is a bit of history on my account, it's just a little weird. I bought BFH on this alt. (jayeHHH) to mess around and keep my aim up before the next title is launched. I didn't expect to do very well, and didn't want those bad stats reflecting on my main account.

Secondly, I started gaming about this time last year with the goal of 'going competitive' - dumb as that sounds (and realistically is). Before I ever played my first game back in BF4, I had not only watched hours of competitive footage from BF3/4 whilst saving up to build the PC, but sat in empty servers doing aim and recoil-control drills so I wouldn't get completely ruined. I wouldn't expect you to have the time to watch (I certainly don't anymore), but some of my earlier videos do showcase a (little bit) of me still learning how to aim. I'm pretty defensive about it though, so there's not too many bad clips, lol.

As for firing at people I 'don't see,' I don't really know how to explain that... still have my teenage reflexes I guess, and am a slow and aware player to begin with.

Lastly, assuming you used BFHstats.com - it's obviously a good and accurate source. I do have a very high KPM, but that's because the only other server I have a good connexion to (aside from the one you guys run) is a Hardcore-mode server. However, there is definitely an issue with the leaderboards. It says I'm #43 of about 3000 people - there's no way only 3000 people have ever played this game on PC. I've noticed a similar problem for stats on BF1 between BattlefieldTracker and BF1stats - Tracker seems to have an accurate leaderboard, whist bfXstats seems to not include most of the player-base, for whatever reason. I don't pretend to understand why this would be - just an observation.

TL;DR
I guess I'm just typing this to say, for future titles, assuming you guys will be there - it would probably be good to get to know the players on your server, and not ban based on suspicion alone. While I get that it's your server on a dead game, and you can do what you want with it - it just could potentially make your group look bad. This is out of actual 'concern', and not side-handed, lol.

SirTodd
Site Admin

Postby SirTodd » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:06 pm

I'm kind of the fence with you. I am always suspicious of players that put such a premium on K/D. However, by watching your videos and your reply, I could actually picture you practicing offline to better your skills. I watched one video where you tested all the OOB areas and how to get on roof peaks you would never think of. I get it, I was pretty competitive when I started with Hardline too. You also have a point on the number of active players, the BFHStats only takes into account the active players. With that said, I removed the ban.

Unfortunately, one of the sites we used for assessing players to see if they are legit was recently shutdown along with metabans so our admins are forced to go by gut feeling. I setup this appeal page for cases like this to give players a chance to dispute and so we could further review your profile.

Also, the rules are on the site if you have any questions. You can shoot into the spawns. We just ask that you don't walk into or throw nades into the out of bounds / Red Zone area. This can trigger a spawn glitch for the losing team, prevent them from being able to spawn.

SirTodd

jayeH

Postby jayeH » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:09 pm

Didn't expect a reply, much-less a repeal - but thanks for being understanding and reading through that unnecessary wall of text. Too used to being banned by kids that don't put in any thought and are then immature about it.

Totally get the K/D suspicion, personally I can't stand 'playing for stats'. Unfortunately, since the majority of players don't understand that K/D isn't the full picture, for teams and other players that may be in the comp. scene to take me more 'seriously' I feel a need to show via stats that I can hold my own.

That said, thanks again, I'll be around - and will try to chill out a little bit this time, lol.

Return to “BLOCK BAN (Appeals Section)”